Sunday, October 12, 2014

In the Beginning from Words of Wyzdom blog

Today I decided to begin a new blog. This one would be a place to share my writing, thoughts, and ideas. I have been writing since I was six. I wrote my first poem as a goodbye song for my pretend class of stuffed animals to sing at the end of the day. When I had finished writing it out on my easel chalk board, my mother was amazed and helped me write it on paper with copies to pass out. I gave one to a teacher who was moving away, and immediately the doubt that a six year old had created the poem began to flood my way from faculty members. That served as my fuel to keep writing.

 When I was in the third grade, attending Catholic school, I had another sort of pivotal moment. Our class had just learned that whole "love your enemy" lesson. The one where we find out the very act of loving can change someone's heart for the better. I was so moved and called to action by this news. I was going to love everyone and everything until I changed the world! It was great. Until one day a teacher caught me kissing my fingers and then touching the ground. She asked me what I was doing. I responded that I was giving kisses to Satan. She was horrified! I explained my thought that if we all showed love to the devil maybe he wouldn't be the devil anymore. It made perfect sense to me. She calmed herself down and tried to explain that it didn't work like that. Which did Not make sense to me.

So I learned at a young age to question everything I heard. Afterall they were going to question me. These two stories help to summarize who I am today. I'm a writer, who loves everyone and everything, and doesn't see things the way everyone else does. However, I'm no longer Catholic. I do not bind myself to the limitations of any religious theology. I'm a Spiritual butterfly who enjoys the many beautiful flowers in the Spiritual Garden of Truth. I hope you will follow me as I explore and express this Infinite Universe of ours.

 Thank you, Highest Good, Kuahme Kuahfe, Ajai Alai, Peace and Blessings to all!
Wyzdom D Vine

No comments:

Post a Comment